Two Half Hitches is one of the most basic and useful knots. It is often used to tie a rope or cord onto an object. One really handy thing is that this knot can be tied while the line is already under tension.
- Two Half Hitches is considered to be a “general purpose hitch.” Meaning that it is useful in almost any situation that you want to tie a rope to a fixed object.
- It has been used since antiquity to tie boats to fixed objects so that they cannot drift away.
- In camping it is very useful when building guy lines and many other chores around camp.
- Secure your dog’s leash or your horse’s reins to a fence post.
- Great for backing up another knot such as the Bowline when you want a little extra security.
Two Half Hitches By @untangledwisdom
This 14-second video shows you everything you need to know about tying the Two Half Hitches knot. Nice!
Round Turn And Two Half Hitches TikTok
This variation of the knot incorporates a round turn. Which is to say, the line is wrapped an extra time around the object. This provides significantly more friction and security.
Two Half Hitches And Taut-Line Hitch Boy Scouts
Two Half Hitches and it’s close cousin, the Taut-Line Hitch are required knowledge in Boy Scouts. Watch @adultboyscout demonstrate his skills!
Double Slipped Two Half Hitches On TikTok.com
When a knot is “slipped”, it is tied in a way that is quick to untie. This unique version of the Two Half Hitches knot from @knot.tok is “double slipped”, which gives it a little extra security while still requiring only a flick of the wrist to untie.